A dental implant is an artificial tooth that is biocompatible with your body and has a 95% success rate. Dental implants provide support for single tooth replacement or they can replace multiple teeth in a specific area. In some cases, dental implants can be used to support full mouth dentures and even eliminate the need for dentures to make permanent full arch of teeth. The dental implant is just like a root of a natural tooth and provides the same support as the root of a natural tooth does, integrating firmly into the jawbone and holding it in place. The titanium structure bonds to your bone in a biocompatible way to provide a long-lasting solution to missing teeth that is easy to manage while maintaining good oral hygiene. The dental team at Seven Hills Dentistry in Dallas, Georgia is well experienced in providing dental implant procedures in Dallas, GA whenever necessary for patients.
Reasons To Get Dental Implants
Dental implants are a long-lasting and discrete method of securing an artificial replacement to your teeth. In many ways, this can be a better option than a root canal if your natural tooth is severely compromised. The cost and time it takes for a root canal and crown may be the same as a dental implant, but the difference is that an implant has a 95% success rate relative to a lower success rate of 70% of root canal re-treatments according to scientific research. Another reason to get dental implants in Dallas is that this method of tooth replacement allows for crowns or dentures to be permanently fixed to the jaw and if proper care (dental cleaning every 3-6 months) is given will last longer than natural teeth. There are many reasons why a high-quality dental implant at Seven Hills Dentistry may be recommended as the right choice for you but it is important to understand all risk factors and benefits. Some of the main reasons are:
- A dental implant can look natural relative to a removable denture, giving you confidence in your smile.
- A dental implant can last much longer than dentures which can become uncomfortable if your mouth shape changes over time.
- A dental implant has less risk of damaging existing teeth, which can, on occasion, happen when a bridge is fitted.
- A dental implant will fuse with your natural bone, increasing the long term maintenance of your bone and reduce bone loss and atrophy,
In Dallas, Georgia, the Seven Hills Dentistry team can assess your mouth and advise on whether dental implants may be a suitable treatment to create a natural-looking replacement to any missing teeth.
What Is The Process Of Getting A Dental Implant?
A dental implant procedure can take between three to nine months depending on the complexity of the case and the number of implants that may be needed
- The process begins with an initial consultation where our dentist will assess and recommend the correct treatment procedure. The consultation is also an opportunity for you to ask any questions about the treatment plan.
- Following this, there may need to be preparatory treatments such as the removal of an infected tooth or if there is low bone density in your jaw, a bone graft. There may need to be some time between these appointments and the implant being placed into your mouth to ensure bone has established growth or the area is clear of infection.
- The implant will then be secured into your jawbone through a minimally invasive incision into the gum. Once the titanium implant is secure, the abutment(connector) will be placed onto the implant, holding it firmly in place. The process is undertaken under local anesthetic; however, we can also perform oral sedation if you prefer. In either case, you can rest assured you will be as comfortable and pain-free as possible.
- A follow-up appointment will be made for your new artificial tooth to be fitted to the abutment. This appointment will happen once your implant has bonded to the jawbone. This fusion can take a few months depending on your bone biology.
After your new tooth or teeth have been fitted to the dental implants, Seven Hills Dentistry will provide you with full aftercare dental implant management in Dallas, Georgia. We advised cleanings every 3-6 months to regularly check the teeth and the gum to ensure that your oral health is well-maintained and to ensure the longevity of your dental work.